Terms & Conditions
The products supplied by Carhoods Direct International Ltd. (the Company) are sold under the conditions set out below and may be sold, offered for sale or used upon the terms of those conditions. Their acceptance is deemed to constitute an agreement to observe and be bound by such conditions.
- Accounts: – Customers who do not hold a ledger account with the Company are respectfully requested to send remittance with order to avoid delay in despatching goods.
- Carriage: – To destinations in mainland UK, goods will be consigned at a minimum cost of £12.00 per order (unless notified by the Company beforehand), but at the customer’s risk and by the cheapest route whether by goods, by passenger train or by carrier. If other arrangements are made on the customer’s instructions, any additional cost will be payable by the customer.
- Claims: – The Company must be advised within two days of delivery if the goods are received damaged. We know that the goods we sell will fit your vehicle. If you are unable to fit any goods that we supply we will replace or refund without question as long as the item is returned to us unused and in it’s original packaging within 7 days of purchase (excluding specially ordered items or items made in non-original colours or materials). Goods incorrectly ordered will be subject to a 20% charge and return carriage fee. Any returns made to the company without authorisation will not be accepted. DO NOT SIGN FOR ANY DAMAGED ITEMS.
- Agreements, Credits & Supplies: – The Company shall have the right in it’s absolute discretion and without assigning any reason therefore not withstanding any contract the customer may have made with a third party, to terminate without notice any agreement to make supplies to any person and to withhold supplies from any person.
- Prices & Terms: – The Company reserves the absolute right at any time to alter any of the selling prices and to alter the terms which it allows to any customer without any notice whatsoever.
- Delivery: – The Company will not be liable in any way for failure or delay in delivery or for any consequential loss resulting from failure or delay in delivery.
- Notice of Conditions: – Customers undertake and agree to bring fully to the notice of all persons whatsoever with whom they may deal the terms of these Conditions of sale.
- Retention of Title: – a) Whether or not the risk in goods sold shall have passed to the Buyer, the property in goods sold shall be and remain in the Seller until the Seller has received payment in full, together with payment in full for any other goods supplied by the Seller to the Buyer the price for which is overdue for payment. Pending receipt by the Seller of such payments, the Buyer shall hold the goods for the Seller as fiduciary bailee. b) When payment for the goods is overdue or the Buyer suffers distress or execution to be levied against his or its effects, makes an arrangement or composition with creditors or, being a corporate body enters into liquidation (otherwise than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction where the corporate body, as amalgamated or reconstructed, accepts in full the Buyer’s liability to pay for the goods), or has a receiver appointed for the whole or any part of its undertaking or, being an individual, has a receiving order in bankruptcy made against him. c)(i) If the Buyer remains in possession of the goods, the Seller shall be entitled to recover the goods from the Buyer; or c)(ii) If the Buyer has parted with possession of the goods by way of sale, whether or not the goods have been mixed with or incorporated into other goods, the Buyer, having sold them as fiduciary bailee, shall hold in trust for the Seller so much of the sale proceeds of the goods as represents the Buyer’s liability to the Seller in respect of them.
- No variation of or addition to these Conditions of Sale will be recognised by the company unless accepted in writing by it.